A few days before the international release of Disney’s new magnificent Star Wars film, Los Angeles will be treated to the world premier on the 14th December 2015, which will be followed a European premier in London, then several global events to build hype around the film. The original Star Wars film Episode IV: A New Hope, had its global premiere at Hollywood’s Chinese Theatre, Los Angeles back in May 1977.
The Force Awakens will open first France on the 16th, followed by the UK on the 17th before it opens across the US on the 18th December. The Disney film is expected to be a global box-office smash as both old and new fans rush to see the film before any spoilers ruin the plot. Disney is being careful in selecting key media journalists that will see the film prior to it’s release but fans will get a hint of what the plot might be in the Official Teaser trailer #3 that is due for release this week.
The film will also be a huge boost for Disneyland parks that are expanding their Star Wars attractions with attractions like Star Wars Land.
- Relevant Suggested Los Angeles Travel Information
- Star Wars: Invasion Los Angeles
- Disneyland enhancements for 60th anniversary celebration
- 'Star Wars Land' Expansion is coming to Disney Parks
- Disney California Adventure Expansion
- Disney California Adventure face-lift continues
- Anti-SeaWorld crane stunt in Hollywood