CheapAir.com a leading online travel agency became the first web based travel agency that will allow travellers to book direct flights between Los Angeles and Havana, Cuba. CheapAir.com’s initial batch of flights are offered for travel on the 12th, 19th and 26th December with more flights to be added over the next several months and during 2016.
Earlier in the year CheapAir.com was the first site to allow travellers to book flights between the USA and Cuba from Miami, but it left west coast travellers with no direct flights. If you are wanting to fly direct to Havana, Cuba from LA you will need to select one of twelve government approved reasons for travel listed below:
- family visits
- official business of the U.S. government, foreign governments, and certain intergovernmental organizations
- journalistic activity
- professional research and professional meetings
- educational activities
- religious activities
- public performances, clinics, workshops, athletic and other competitions, and exhibitions
- support for the Cuban people
- humanitarian projects
- activities of private foundations or research or educational institutes
- exportation, importation, or transmission of information or information materials
- certain export transactions that may be considered for authorization under existing regulations and guidelines.
CheapAir.com said that 27% of travellers had selected #5 educational activities followed by #4 professional research & professional meetings with #1 family visits only accounting for 14% of bookings. So if you are looking to visit Havana we would suggest you check out the direct flights asap as they will likely sell out very quickly.
- Relevant Suggested Los Angeles Travel Information
- Star Wars: Invasion Los Angeles
- Disney California Adventure Expansion
- Disney California Adventure face-lift continues
- Disneyland expansion confirmed
- Disneyland enhancements for 60th anniversary celebration
- 'Star Wars Land' Expansion is coming to Disney Parks