There is no shortage of things to do in Los Angeles, but sometimes it’s nice to get away from the hustle and bustle and spend some time in nature. Luckily, LA has some beautiful parks and natural attractions that are perfect for a day (or even just a few hours) of exploration.
Here are some of the best parks and nature attractions in Los Angeles:
1. Griffith Park: With over 4,000 acres of land, Griffith Park is one of the largest urban parks in the country. There’s something for everyone here, from hiking trails and horseback riding to picnicking and stargazing.
2. Echo Park: Echo Park is a small but beautiful park located in the heart of Los Angeles. It’s perfect for a peaceful stroll or a picnic lunch, and there’s even a lake where you can go kayaking or paddleboarding.
3. Runyon Canyon Park: This popular park is located in the Hollywood Hills and offers stunning views of the city below. There are plenty of hiking trails to explore, and on clear days you can even see the ocean in the distance.
4. Topanga State Park: Topanga State Park is one of the largest state parks in California, and it’s just a short drive from Los Angeles. With over 36 miles of trails, it’s perfect for a day hike or overnight camping trip.
5. Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area: This massive park covers over 150,000 acres of land, making it one of the largest urban parks in the world. There are plenty of things to do here, from hiking and biking to horseback riding and camping.
Whether you’re looking for a place to hike, camp, or just enjoy some time in nature, Los Angeles has plenty of options. So get out there and explore!